Monday, September 1, 2014

Ben's Mission Talk


Yesterday Ben gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about his service at the bishops’ storehouse. I think he did a great job. He is so excited to be called as a service missionary and help in this way. Things can still be rough but I know that as Ben is magnifying his call, he is receiving the blessings God intends for him to have.

         Here’s his talk!

Good afternoon, Brothers and Sisters. My name is Elder Kingsbury and I am a young church service missionary. I started working at the bishops’ storehouse at the beginning of June after I graduated.


The bishops’ storehouse is in Apple Valley, I serve there twice a week. It’s like a grocery store where people can get what they need, but they don’t have to use money.
The bishops’ storehouse can give out food and supplies to the poor and the needy. Our bishop must decide who can order food and must approve the orders.



I love serving at the bishops’ storehouse. I help package food, such as apples, bananas, potatoes and onions.
I also restock the shelves with all the things that people need, like soup, spaghetti sauce or even laundry soap. I love working with the nice elders and sisters at the storehouse, they are very kind.


In Luke 22:27 Jesus says, “I am among you as he that serveth”. As followers of Christ, we must also serve others. Service is helping others who need assistance. All of us must be willing to serve, no matter what our circumstances in life are. I am grateful for the chance to serve people at the storehouse.


I know that I am doing an important work and I work hard to help others in need. I know that when I serve others, I also serve God and Jesus Christ.


Jesus was a perfect example of love and service; he loves us so much. When we serve others with love and charity, we can become more like Christ.
Jesus said in Matthew 20:26-27: “Whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant”.


I know that the Church is true and that President Monson is our prophet today.
I love listening to the Book of Mormon every day. I love serving at the storehouse to help others.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments :

Post a Comment