Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Reading!

        


        Despite my rare entries these days, it appears that people out there are still reading this blog. Thank you.


I suppose the testimony of one child, boy, teenager, and now young man, struggling with autism, making the best of his situation and the trials he has been given, is compelling enough to warrant a few minutes spent reading the story Ben is still writing each and every day.


         For those who recently joined us in following Ben’s life account, we invite you to read this blog in reverse chronological order: start with the oldest post and work your way back to the most recent. Doing so will give you the best idea of what we have been through as a family and how Ben has progressed.


         As his mom, I have the privilege of being his advocate, voice and most devoted fan. I try to give him a chance to be heard as he probably couldn’t be in other ways. I am blessed to have been chosen as his mother and friend. I love him; he is a person of great worth and as a son of God. 


Let us not forget that we, as children of God, were all sent to this earth to learn, grow, experience life and work out our salvation. So it is for children with disabilities, or as I like to say, of different abilities. I know I have learned from my son, I have grown and I have changed because of him and who he is. I hope that you can let him change you too, as well as any special person you might encounter could change you… Profoundly, for the better.



         Happy reading! J


No comments :

Post a Comment