Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy mother's day 2014



Second mother’s day without one of my children present… I guess I should not complain, I had 18 of those special days with my oldest at home. Then, one more to look forward to with my youngest still here, and poof, there will be no more. Such is life!


I know I am just blessed to be their mom and that will never change… I can also bask in the knowledge that for better or for worse Ben is here to stay! Lots and lots more mother’s days with my boy! J


Motherhood is such an endeavor! No one warns you that indeed, as I read recently, being a mother is tantamount to letting your heart walk outside of you each and every day, from the time you give birth to that wriggly bundle of pinkness until the end of time.


24/7 is the only shift offered in the most important, yet thankless, job in the whole world. Thankless task, until they grow up and realize that indeed the bond we share is unbreakable. Then they might, just might, thank you! J And if they don’t, it is still okay because each mom knows the worth of the position she fills…



Happy mother’s day to all the moms who put the needs of their family first, who day in and day out toil to bring up the future of our world! May you know that you are doing something of divine worth!



No comments :

Post a Comment