Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Autism Scoutism 2013

I found this picture on Pinterest. I wish  our BSA district would offer this special training on Autism ☺

Ben had such a grand time again at Many Point Scout camp last week ☺


I am so proud of him for working so hard and earning another three merit badges! I have said it before, earning the badges is just the frosting on the cake, not the end all for Ben, but it sure is fantastic to attend a Court of Honor where he can receive all those fun colorful badges to add to his already rather full bandolo.

Guess which merit badge Ben earned first? Art, of course! ☺

Yes, Ben is eighteen and should have received his Eagle Scout rank by now. But as it stands he is still only a Scout. We will see if he has done enough “make up work” to actually earn rank advancements this year. Again, that is not what we are after anyway. We only want Ben to be happy and learn as much as he can; badges, rank advancements and recognition at Court of Honor are just a nice plus for a boy with autism participating in BSA.

Throwing tomahawks

Pretty awesome shots!! Two tomahawks right next to each other!

Archery....

Getting ready for the Ironman! ☺

Enjoying the lake!

At the Frontier...

Ben's turn cooking breakfast!

Climbing the wall...


Going home as a man ☺


No comments :

Post a Comment