I cannot believe the kids will be back in
school in less than a month! (Yay! ☺I am just uttering out loud what everybody
else is thinking…) I hope that you all are having a wonderful summer and
enjoying the last bit as much as possible!
This
coming school year will be interesting and busy for us, as Ben keeps reminding
us that he will be a senior. Angelique will be a junior and, Camille, starting
her second year at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, will already be a
junior and has been admitted in the competitive Marriott School of Management.
After
two months of “farniente”, I think everybody is actually chomping at the bit to
get started and do “important stuff”, such as seminary and after-school
activities. Plus, with Ben, it is also very important to have the routine which
school affords us but goes out the window with summer.
So we
are ready, morally, to get going on school and all! But before we do so, the day
after Labor Day, I wanted to celebrate our summer 2013 and all the fun we’ve
had, in pictures ☺ Always worth a thousand words...
This
summer wasn’t filled with trips or exciting adventures, but will forever be remembered
as “the summer of the dog”, I think! ☺
| Koko, almost 4 months old |
This
little guy is definitely a ton of work, but a lot of fun too. Still
house-training… Maybe one day he’ll get it completely. Ben loves him and it has
been good for him to have an animal in the house. Hopefully as Koko grows up,
he will be less unpredictable and Ben will trust him more.
We
went to see lots of fun movies too!
Monsters University,
Despicable Me 2,
... and
Planes!
Ben loved all those movies!
Last
week, we went to Valley Fair and had a good time. No huge roller coasters for Ben, after all he rides his own each and every day of his life, that’s
sufficient excitement… But he enjoyed the smaller rides, he will always be a
kid at heart and what more can I ask for? ☺
Last
but not least, Ben, Angelique and Keith enjoyed a wonderful trip to Nauvoo, IL.
They were able to attend the temple there and do the work for many of my ancestors.
They
saw the Nauvoo pageant and visited Carthage jail where the prophet Joseph Smith
and his brother Hyrum were martyred.
Ben
loved his Nauvoo trip! I know that despite Ben’s limitations, the spirit
transcends his understanding and communicates to him all he needs to know and
feel. I know Ben knows spiritual truths and understands much more than he can
tell us and explain back to us. I know and feel Ben loves his Savior and knows
the Church is true.
So we’ve
had a good summer! Ben colored lots of pictures,
| Ben loves to draw this sign. I think it really shows he know the Word of Wisdom is true, and this is his way to communicate his understanding to us. |
Angelique enjoyed Girls Camp
with the church young women,
and also passed her driver's license so we now have lots of drivers, yes!
![]() |
| Angelique and Amanda, best buds! |
I lost 16 lbs and counting, Keith worked hard (“why!?”
Ben kept asking… "Well, because one of us must, so that the rest of us can keep
living in this house and have food to eat!") and Camille is physically and
emotionally getting ready for another great year at BYU…
![]() |
| Camille Mariah, 19 1/2 ;) --picture by Katie Leighton. |
What
about you!? What did you do this summer? ☺




















No comments :
Post a Comment