Friday, August 16, 2013

What about Mom?


You know the saying that goes “If Mamma ain’t happy, nobody is happy…”  I think it is profoundly true in the case of special needs families. I have been suffering from migraines for years, but they have become particularly fierce this summer, so it has been very difficult --at best-- to just be happy. 


know we are supposed to “be of good cheer,” and “love what may” and all that, but chronic pain, which goes on for years, accompanied with various senses of sound and  light, all going on in the head, are not for the wimpy. 






So what do I do? I retreat into my shell. I haven’t written all that much lately. It’s hard to be positive when one is in pain. I consulted my doctor and he prescribed new medicine, so now I wait to see if it will be as effective as I hope. 


I also attended the temple last night. I love our little St. Paul Minnesota Temple!


The peace I felt there indeed gives me the hope that God knows my plea and will not leave me comfortless when he knows how much I have to do for Ben and for the rest of my family. 


I know by losing my life I shall gain it more abundantly, and whatever trial, pain or tribulation come my way I will overcome.


No comments :

Post a Comment